Monday, October 24, 2011

A Little Snack

A calmer moment.  Actually it was a beekeeper's day off.  I spent the day at a friend's alpaca farm in Thorndale, Ontario.

After my visit I planned to head to the bee yard.

When I went to my truck I saw that some honey bees found my sugar water jugs.  I've been using orange juice jugs lately.

My friend said a neighbour down the road has kept bees for years and years.

I noticed his bees were pretty friendly and I fed a couple with sugar water droplets.  [Photo - see the tongue at full extension while she slurps up a sugar droplet].

I enjoy these quiet moments, the beekeeper and the bee.  I hope you do too.

3 comments:

Michael said...

That's pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking the time to talk to my son and us at the Pioneer Village that day. We enjoyed learning all about the bees immensely.

Bee Magic Chronicles for Kids said...

Anonymous: Fall on the Farm at Pioneer Village was a lot of fun. We'll be back next year for sure and we hope to have an observation hive so you can actually see some bees.