Saturday, October 2, 2010

Don't Worry. Bee Happy.

I should have known.

It was our big summer event, the Bee Beard Competitions at Clovermead.

Dad had attended the previous year. But this year was different.

This year he was a beekeeper.

So it was special.

I had purchased several bee related t-shirts and I invited him over to look at them. He could select one to wear for the event at Clovermead.

My bright yellow shirt with "Beekeeper" across the middle was a bit too over sized for him but I could tell he liked that one.

He settled on the Don't Worry - Bee Happy t-shirt that I bought at Clovermead last year.

It was a really hot day and we all got pretty hot and sweaty. I left the shirt with Dad to launder and then return.

Except the shirt never got returned.

At the next event, the International Plowing Match (I'll blog on that next) Dad showed up wearing my shirt. We were volunteers at the Ontario Bee Association's booth.


Te took a short break to go visit some of the other booths at the event. He returned a while later carrying a toasted waffle covered in a dollop of whip cream and honey.

"When I went to the Clovermead booth and they saw I was wearing a Clovermead t-shirt, I got a waffle for free."

I gave him a dirty look. "That's my shirt you're wearing."

He showed his other hand. "Because I got one for free, I bought one as well. For you."

He was forgiven.

I never did get the shirt back.